Cheese and Marmite Scones
- 450g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tsp Marmite
- 1 large egg
- 250ml Koko Unsweetened Milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 140g grated Koko Cheddar Cheese Alternative
- 100g Koko Cream Cheese Alternative
Share this recipe
- 1.Heat oven to 220C and dust your baking tray with a little flour to prevent sticking
- 2.Mix the flour and baking powder together in a large bowl
- 3.Put 1tsp of Marmite in a jug with one egg and then make up to 330ml with Koko milk. Stir in the oil, then beat really well to dissolve the Marmite
- 4.Tip 85g of the Koko cheddar cheese into a bowl and mix with the cream cheese and remaining 2 tsp of Marmite to make a spread.
- 5.Use the rest of the Koko cheddar cheese in the flour mixture, then pour in the milk mixture and stir with the blade of a knife until it comes together.
- 6.Tip onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead the mix
- 7.Press the dough into an oblong and spread with the Marmite mixture and roll up from the longest side, to create a tight cylinder. Now slice the cylinder into 8 pinwheels and put on the baking tray.
- 8.Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until golden and cooked. Leave for a couple of minutes to cool down and then simply enjoy with a cup of tea!