- 350g flour
- 225g brown sugar
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 4tbsp black treacle
- 125ml water
- 100ml Koko Original Like M!lk
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground allspice
- 30g bag dried pineapple (Urban Fruits, soaked in rum if you want!)
- 30g chopped stem ginger from a jar
- 3 gingernut biscuits
- about a quarter of the frosting made above
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients together. Add the wet to the dry until combined.
- Bake in two small tins at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- Make the frosting by beating the Koko dairy free spread, then add the icing sugar slowly and salt.
- Blend the gingernuts until they're like dust and then add about a quarter of the frosting you've just made. use this for inside the cake. Put the rest on the outside.