Butternut squash wellington with cheese sauce
- 1 Butternut squash
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 50ml Maple syrup
- 3g Fresh sage leaves (chopped)
- 320g Puff pastry (we used Jusrol)
- Plain flour (to roll out pastry)
- 10g Koko Spread
- 50ml Koko Unsweetened Milk
- 400ml Koko Unsweetened Milk
- 10g Lemon thyme
- 75g Koko Cream Cheese Alternative
- 2g Salt
- 50ml Water
- 10g Cornflour
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- Parsley leaves
Share this recipe
- Preheat oven to 190C .
- Peel the skin from the butternut squash and cut off base. Then slice the top half of the squash length ways, into 8 even pieces. Place them on a baking tray, sprinkle with cumin, salt, coat with oil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the cheese sauce by placing Koko Unsweetened in a pan with the lemon thyme on a low heat and in separate pan melt Koko Soft Cream Cheese.
- When the butternut squash is cooked add the maple syrup and sage, stir, ensuring the butternut squash is evenly coated, then allow to cool.
- Turn oven down to 180C.
- Dust a clean counter with flour and roll out pastry using a rolling pin.
- Place the butternut squash in the centre of the puff pastry and fold 4 corners back into the middle and brush with Koko Unsweetened to stick pastry together.
- Place the wellington onto a tray lined with baking parchment, brush pastry with Koko Spread and score pastry. Place in oven for 30 mins.
- Remove thyme from heated Koko Unsweetened and add salt, then make a slurry with cornflour and water and add to Koko Unsweetened and bring to boil.
- When it has boiled and thickened add Koko Soft Cream Cheese, parsley and lemon juice then reduce heat.
- When the wellington pastry is golden brown and crisp, allow to cool slightly then slice and serve with cheesy sauce.