- 1 batch prepared sushi rice
- 6 Nori Sheets
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Spring onion
- 4 x Pickled Beetroot
- Sesame seeds
- Koko Cream Cheese Alternative
Share this recipe
- 1. Cover bamboo mat in cling film - this will help when it comes to cleaning your mat.
- 2. Place nori sheet on a bamboo mat (rough side up), and cover the sheet of nori with an even layer of prepared sushi rice.
- 3. Smooth rice gently with your hands or a rice paddle, ensuring you leave a 2cm gap at the top and bottom of your nori (don’t go all the way to the edge).
- 4. Create a dip 3/4 of the way down in your rice. This is where you will add your filling.
- 5. Layer some sliced red pepper, sliced beetroot and dollop some Koko Dairy Free Soft Cream Cheese in the dip you have made.
- 6. Place your thumbs underneath the bamboo mat and lift the edge that is closest to you up and over the filling.
- 7. Curve the rest of your fingers over the bamboo mat and gently apply pressure to the roll. This motion presses the rice and filling together ensure it will not become loose.
- 8. Untuck the rolled part of the bamboo mat and pull horizontally away from you, causing the rest of the nori to roll.
- 9. Using a wet knife and cut the sushi into pieces, re wetting the knife between each cut - the sharper the knife, the cleaner the cut.
- 10. Serve with soy sauce, a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a sprinkling of spring onion.
- Other filling ideas:
- - Teriyaki tofu, Koko Dairy Free Cream Cheese, Asparagus
- - Hoisin ‘duck’, spring onion, cucumber
- - Carrot, yellow pepper, cucumber, avocado
- - Satay tofu, spring onion, red pepper (Satay sauce - 1tbsp peanut butter, 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, 1/4 cup Koko Original Coconut Milk)