Terms & Conditions
1. THE PROMOTER
1.1. The “Hunt for the UK’s Tastiest Most Natural Breakfast” campaign and competition is run by First Grade International Ltd (T/A Koko Dairy Free), a company registered in England & Wales, number 04603605. Our address Coconut House Tay Court, Isidore Road, Bromsgrove Enterprise Park, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, United Kingdom, B60 3FQ (“us”, “our” or “we”).
2. THE COMPETITION
2.1. You, the customer, have the opportunity to enter one of our four separate weekly competitions to win a Koko breakfast hamper containing Koko products and coconut eco bowls by uploading your breakfast recipe description and method along with a picture of your creation to our website, “www.kokodairyfree.com/treemendous-breakfasts/” (the “Competition”). At the end of the Competition Period all weekly winners will be put into a Grand Final where they have the opportunity to win the Grand Prize of a £1,000 gift voucher from Canopy and Stars.
You can participate in this competition as many times as you like within the Competition Period. You can only win one weekly prize during the competition. Once a breakfast recipe has won in a specific week it cannot be re-submitted into the competition in subsequent weeks.
2.2. The Competition will run from 09.00 BST on 18th January 2021 to 23.59 BST on 22nd February 2021 (the “Competition Period”). During this period there will be 16 weekly prize winners in 4 weekly competitions, and 1 Grand Final round in the last week of the Competition Period. Each week in the “Competition Period” is called a “Competition Week”
2.3. To be automatically entered into the Competition, you must, within the Competition Period 18th January 2021 – 14th February 2021, upload the breakfast recipe description, method along with a picture of your Koko recipe to “www.kokodairyfree.com/treemendous-breakfasts/” using the upload functionality of the website. The recipe must fit into one of the four identified categories; breakfast bowls, breakfast pots, breakfast smoothies or breakfast pancakes. Entries to the 4 weekly competitions will close 23.59 BST on 14th February 2021.
In order to submit your recipe and participate in the Weekly competition you must have read and accepted the terms and conditions for the Competition. You confirm that you’re over 18, that you own the intellectual property right on the recipe and photo that you submit and that any text, image or other media used as part of my entry are original works, are not defamatory and do not infringe third-party rights. You agree that in case you win the Competition you can be contacted on your email address and your name can be published as the winner. By entering the competition you consent to the use of your recipe for marketing purposes, including published on the Koko Dairy Free website and used in social media.
2.4. All weekly Competition entries must be submitted by no later than 23:59 BST on 14th February 2021 the end of the Competition Period using the process set out in clause 2.3 above. All Competition entries received after the Competition Period will be automatically disqualified. Participants can enter multiple recipes per person over the Competition Period but participants can only win one weekly prize over the Competition Period.
2.5 Weekly winners.
There will be 4 weekly winners for 4 weeks – the competition weeks are
- Week 1: Monday 18th January 2021 – Sunday 24th January 2021
- Week 2: Monday 25th January 2021 – Sunday 31st January 2021
- Week 3:Monday 1st February 2021 – Sunday 7th February 2021
- Week 4: Monday 8th February 2021 – Sunday 14th February 2021
Each week over the 4 competition weeks, 3 weekly winners will be chosen by our panel of 3 expert judges and 1 weekly winner will be chosen by the public vote. The 4 winners will be selected from all entries/submissions received in that week. The judges will be looking for a combination of elements in the submissions; creativity, nutrition, naturalness, and overall appeal and appearance. All valid entries must be breakfast themed, and use a Koko product. Judges decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The public winner for each weekly competition will be the recipe that gains the most public votes within that week.
There will be a winner from each category; breakfast pots, breakfast bowls, breakfast smoothies, breakfast pancakes. In the event of there not being entries in a category, a winner will be chosen from another category.
You can only win the weekly competition once.
2.6 Grand Final round.
The 16 shortlisted weekly winners will be entered into a Grand Final round at the end of the Competition period where the public will have a week to vote for their overall favourite recipe. The recipe that gains the most votes in the Grand Final voting round will win the Grand Final Prize. The Grand Final voting round will run from Monday 15th February 2021 – Sunday 21st February 2021. The Grand Final Round winner will be announced on Monday 22nd February 2021.
3. YOUR ENTRY
3.1. Before you submit your Competition Entry via the website, you will be required to confirm, by ticking the relevant boxes on the website, that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (as described in 2.3).
3.2. Your Competition entry must not contain or comprise items, text or images which:
- are defamatory or libellous of any person;
- are obscene, offensive, profane, hateful, violent or inflammatory;
- are likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or, annoy or injure any other person;
- are in contempt of court;
- are illegal or which advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other trait;
- infringe any copyright, database right, proprietary business information, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person;
- violate any privacy right of any other person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
- contain any commercial solicitations, advertising or which promote the services of our competitors or any other person.
3.3. We will not accept Competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer, macros or other automated means;
- completed by third parties, trade or consumer group and/or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- copies and not originals; or
3.4. We reserve the right to disqualify you at any time if:
your entry does not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full;
we believe your entry or entries have been automatically generated by computer, macros or other automated means by, for example, the use of “script”, “brute force”, identity masking by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than your own or any other automated means in order to increase your entries into the Competition; or
your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
3.5. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.
3.6. There is no charge to enter the Competition.
4.1. The Competition is only open to all legal and permanent residents of the UK aged 18 years or over, except:
- our employees or our holding or subsidiary companies’ employees;
- employees of our agents or suppliers or our holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the Competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
4.2. Internet access is required to enter the Competition.
4.3. There is no limit of entries to the Competition per person during the Competition Period but your recipe entry and image must be your own. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
4.4. By entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. We may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition at any time, and will require to do so if you win a prize. For this purpose, we will request such information as we consider reasonably necessary and any prize may be withheld unless and until we are satisfied that you are eligible.
5. THE PRIZE
5.1. Each weekly prize will consist of the following:
- Coconut Bowl Starter Kit
- A variety of Koko products including; 1 x Koko Ambient Original Milk 1L, 1 x Koko Ambient Unsweetened Milk 1L, 1 x Koko Super Milk 1L, 4 Koko yogurts (flavours tbc), 1 x Koko cheddar, 1 x Koko soft cheese
- 1 x Recipe book – Vegans Deserve Better than a Fruit Salad by Danielle Maupertuis
5.2. The Grand Prize will be a gift voucher from Canopy and Stars worth £1,000.
5.3. Prizes are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to change the contents of the prize provided it remains the same value. We otherwise reserve the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value.
5.4. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative to the prize. Prizes will be delivered free of charge to the prize-winners at a UK address.
6. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT & PRIZE CLAIMING
6.1. All valid entries received by us during the Competition Period will be entered into one of the four weekly prize Competition. Weekly winner selection will be conducted every Monday for four weeks with the first weekly winner selection being done 25th January and Monday thereafter. The Grand Final will take place w/c 15th February with the public having one week to vote for their favourite. The Grand Final prize winner will be announced on 22nd February.
6.2. Winners will be contacted via the email address provided on the www.kokodairyfree.com/treemendous-breakfasts website
6.3. We will make all reasonable efforts to contact each winner by the methods set out in clause 6.2 above within 7 working days of the day the relevant competition takes place (the “Initial Contact”). Each winner will be required to respond to confirm their eligibility and acceptance of the prize within 14 days of the Initial Contact (the “Winner Confirmation”). In the event we do not receive Winner Confirmation within 14 days of the Initial Contact, we reserve the right to disqualify such winner and allocate the prize to an alternative winner selected using the same method. We do not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
6.4. Delivery of the prize will take up to 28 days from the date of the Winner Confirmation.
6.5. The name and county of the winners, and their winning entries, will be available by sending a self-addressed envelope to us at Koko Breakfast Campaign, Coconut House Tay Court, Isidore Road, Bromsgrove Enterprise Park, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, United Kingdom, B60 3FQ after 22nd February 2021 for a period of 4 weeks. If you win a prize, you consent to the use of your details for these purposes.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
7.1. Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or our distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by our, our agents’ or our distributors’ negligence. Your statutory rights are not affected. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence.
7.2. We will not accept responsibility for Competition entries that are delayed in transmission or fail to transmit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
7.3. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the Competition.
7.4. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond our reasonable control and which prevents us from complying with these terms and conditions, we will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing our obligations under these terms and conditions.
7.5. We will use our best endeavours to not change the closing dates of the Competition Period unless forced to do so by circumstances outside our reasonable control and, if changed, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that entrants who participated within the original Competition Period and terms and conditions are not disadvantaged.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
8.1. By submitting your Competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
- assign to us all your intellectual property rights in such entry, i.e. in your recipe description and your picture with full title guarantee; and
waive all moral rights,
- in and to your Competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- allow us to publish your Koko breakfast recipe with your name on the Koko website www.kokodairyfree.com/treemendous-breakfasts/ during the competition period.
8.2. In so far as any of the intellectual property rights in your Competition entry may not be wholly or validly assigned to us under clause 8.1 above, you agree to grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use any such intellectual property rights in the Competition entry and any accompanying materials to display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence such intellectual property rights in connection with any publicity of the Competition or for any other promotional use in any other media of our choosing including but not limited to: (i) on any of our or our affiliates’ websites; (ii) on any of our or our affiliates’ Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms; or (iii) in our marketing literature.
9. DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
9.1. If you are a winner of the Competition, you agree that we may use your name, recipe and image to announce you as a winner and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
9.2. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by us in relation to the Competition.
- The Privacy Notice on the www.kokodairyfree.com website explains how we deal with the personal information that you submit as part of your participation in the promotion and competition from a Data Protection Point of View. For any questions or comments contact email@example.com
- In case you have indicated that you allow us to use your name and email address to facilitate your entry in the competition we will retain your information until the end of June 2021 after which it will be deleted. We will however retain your recipe and the photo that you submitted with the recipe.
- In case you have indicated that you allow us to use your name and email address to both facilitate your entry in the Competition and for use to send you additional information and/or offers or for us to contact you again we will keep your information on file for the foreseeable future.
9.4. If you would like your data to be removed from our records, or you’d like to unsubscribe from our mailing list, firstname.lastname@example.org or request removal via the contact form on the Koko website.
10.1. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, we, at our sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the Competition.
10.2. We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
10.3. Decisions made by us in relation to these terms and conditions and the Competition are final and binding, and we will not enter into any further correspondence with you regarding them.
10.4. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.