Potato Pancakes with Vegan Salmon
- 3 medium carrots (unpeeled)
- 2tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp dill (fresh or dried)
- 1tsp maple syrup
- 1tbsp caper juice
- 1-2tbsp capers
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 medium potatoes (or left over mashed potato)
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 heaped Koko Plain Yogurt Alternative
- 1tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- Koko Cream Cheese Alternative
Share this recipe
- Cut the carrots into ribbons using a vegetable peeler and steam for 3-4 minutes. Whilst they are cooking mix all the other ingredients for the ‘salmon’ in a bowl, add the steamed carrots and mix thoroughly. Place in the fridge to cool.
- Grate the potatoes (no need to peel unless your preference) and pat dry. Mix the dry ingredients for the pancakes in a bowl then add the yoghurt and water, mixing again. Then add the potatoes to the batter making sure it is all well mixed and season with salt and pepper if necessary
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and then add the pancake mixture. I found using a ladle best to get 4 large and 2 small pancakes. Look for signs they are starting to cook through before turning. All the pancakes won’t fit in one pan but cooking in batches and keeping warm under a low grill or just wrapped in foil works well.
- Once cooked, put the pancakes on a plate, smear with Koko cream cheese and top with the vegan salmon. Can serve with extra lemon, capers or dill.