Oat Bran Porridge With Poached Pears, Chocolate Chips, Maple Syrup & Sesame Seeds
- 1 conference pear, peeled and cored
- 500ml Koko Super Milk
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2tsp ground nutmeg
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 100g oat bran
- A pinch of salt
- To serve:
- 1tbsp vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1tbsp grade A maple syrup
- 1tsp toasted sesame seeds
Share this recipe
- Peel and cut the pear down the centre lengthways, core it, place it in a small saucepan and pour the coconut milk over it. Add the maple syrup, the cinnamon the nutmeg and the pinch of salt. Bring the milk to a gentle simmer and poach the pear halves in the milk for 15-20 minutes, till they are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the pear halves and set them aside. Add the oat bran in the warm milk and stir. Continue to simmer for a couple of minutes, until the mixture thickens and becomes creamy.
- Transfer the porridge into one or two bowls. Place the pear halves on top. Drizzle maple syrup, scatter chocolate chips, sprinkle sesame seeds and enjoy every single mouthful!
- You can find this and more of my recipes on my blog, www.cinnamonandbluebells.com
- Thank you ❤️