Black Forest Pancakes
- 2 large Bananas
- Tsp Baking Soda
- Tsp Baking Powder
- Scoop MyVegan Mocha Protein (optional)
- Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 heaped tsps. Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg (or vegan sub – e.g. chia egg)
- Splash of Koko Unsweetened Milk
- 60g (roughly) Flour – I used Buckwheat.
- Sprinkling Coconut Sugar (or your chosen sweetener – maple, agave, brown sugar etc.)
- • Coconut Oil for frying.
- • Toppings – I used Sweet Freedom choc shot, frozen fruit (sauteed in a pan), desiccated coconut, and KoKo original yoghurt.
Share this recipe
- Mash nanas in a mixing bowl, then add in your baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla to mix.
- Next, add in your egg, cocoa, and a splash of milk and mix again.
- If using protein, mix this in now.
- Then, add in your choice of flour and sweetener – ensure all has mixed well. You should have a slightly thick consistency.
- Heat up your pan and pop some coconut oil onto it.
- Once your pan is nice and hot, take about 2 tbsp of your mixture and place this onto the pan, spreading out with a spoon if necessary.
- Leave your pancake to fry, keeping an eye on it to prevent burning, then once ready flip to the other side.
- Continue to do this for the rest of your mixture, until all of your pancakes are cooked.
- Now, the fun bit… toppings! This is completely up to you, I decided to go with yoghurt layered between each pancake, topped with sauteed fruit, choc shot, and coconut.