Vegan Carbonara Sauce
- 1 cup Koko Unsweetened Milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper
- Koko Cheddar Cheese Alternative
Share this recipe
- 1. In a bowl, add lemon juice to the coconut milk.
- 2. *do not peel garlic* and fry in a pan for 7-8 mins until soft.
- 3. Squeeze garlic out and sauté until fragrant, not browned.
- 4. Add in the flour and whisk with the garlic.
- 5. Pour in the milk/lemon mixture, along with the nutritional yeast.
- 6. Whisk until combined (if your sauce is struggling to form, transfer to a blender and pulse until combined).
- 7. Add in 40g Koko Dairy Free Cheddar and simmer until thickened.
- 8. Serve with spaghetti and ‘bacon’ of choice - I use “This Isn’t Bacon”.
- Top with a sprinkling of Koko Dairy Free Cheddar & fresh parsley.