Mushroom spiced rice
- 2 Chicken breast or 200g tofu or 200g Quorn chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp. Medium curry powder
- 200g Basmati rice
- 50g Golden raisins
- 1 tsp. Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 4 Cardamom pods
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 250g mushrooms
- 5g Salt
- 100g Koko Plain Yogurt Alternative
- Lime juice
- 25g Fresh coriander leaves
- 50g Cashew nuts
Share this recipe
- If using chicken, preheat oven to 160C and place chicken on a baking tray and season with salt and curry powder and place in oven for 30 mins.
- If using Quorn or tofu, dice, dust with curry powder and place to one side.
- Place rice, raisins, cumin seeds, turmeric, cardamom and cinnamon in pan with 400ml of water and bring to boil then simmer for 10 mins.
- While the rice is cooking slice mushrooms and then fry in pan (with tofu or Quorn if using) in a little oil until cooked.
- When rice is cooked strain off remaining liquid and discard cardamom and cinnamon.
- Then season rice with salt and add the mushrooms (Chicken/tofu/Quorn), Koko Yoghurt with the lime juice and coat the rice.
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle with cashew nuts and coriander.