- 100g Cashew nuts
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Red chilli
- 15g Ginger
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Maris pipers
- 1 tbsp. Massaman curry paste
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 Cardamom pods
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3 Star anise
- 400ml Low fat coconut milk
- 400ml Koko Unsweetened Milk
- 1 tbsp. Tamarind paste
- 200g Green beans
- 10g Fresh coriander
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 240g Jasmine or basmati rice
- 50g Coconut cream
- 1 Lime juice
- Pre heat oven to 160C and toast cashews for 10 minutes.
- Slice the shallots and chop garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Heat a large saucepan with a little oil add shallot, garlic, ginger and chilli and sweat until the onions starts to soften.
- Dice carrot and potato into 2cm cubes. Put to one side.
- Add the massaman paste to the onion mix and cook for 1 minute. Then add bay leaf, cardamom pods, ground cinnamon and star anise and cook for another minute. Add salt to taste.
- Add low fat coconut milk and Koko Unsweetened Milk. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer.
- Cook rice according to instructions on the packet.
- Add tamarind paste and potatoes to the curry and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop cashews and add to the curry with the carrots. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add green beans to the curry mixture and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Drain rice, add the 50g coconut cream and lime juice and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped fresh coriander and pumpkin seeds