Easter Bunny Carrot Cupcakes
- 150ml Koko Original Milk
- 200g Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 2 TBSP Flaxseeds
- 275g Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Mixed Spice
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 50g Desiccated Coconut
- 4 TBSP Orange Marmalade
- 300g Grated Carrot
- 250g Koko Spread or Koko Cream Cheese Alternative
- 1 Fine Orange Zest
- 75g Icing Sugar
- Freedom Mallows Marshmallows
- Dark Chocolate sprinkles
- Dark Chocolate Buttons
- Coloured Sprinkles
- Doisy & Dam Chocolate Drops
Share this recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C and lightly grease 10 cupcake tins or use cupcake cases.
- Boil Koko Original, oil, flaxseed in a saucepan, once boiling take off the heat.
- Sieve flour, cinnamon and mixed spices into a mixing bowl, then stir in sugar, desiccated coconut and marmalade.
- Slowly add the milk mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Once a batter is formed, add the grated carrot.
- Spoon batter into cake tins/cases and bake for 20 minutes, test by stabbing with a skewer, if skewer comes out dry the cake is cooked. Leave cakes too cool.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting by combing the Spread, orange zest, food colouring and icing.
- When cakes are cooled, pipe the buttercream on top.
- Use decorations to make bunnies.