Dark chocolate and orange yule log
- 100g Caster sugar
- 70g Coconut oil
- 2 tsp. Linseeds
- 250g Self-raising flour
- 1½ tbsp. coco powder
- 15g cornflour
- ½ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 50g Raisins
- 100g Silken tofu
- 250g Koko Spread
- 100g Icing sugar
- 1g Vanilla extract/seeds
- 1 Grated orange zest
- 150g Dark chocolate
- 15g Koko Plain Yogurt Alternative
- 50g Koko Spread
- 30g Sugar
- Icing sugar
- Dark chocolate (shaving, leaves, drops)
- Sugar balls
Share this recipe
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a flat baking tray with parchment paper.
- Heat 100ml of the Koko Original with the caster sugar, coconut oil and linseeds in space pan.
- Mix together the Self-raising flour coco powder, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda
- and raisins.
- When milk is boiled, blend in a food processor with tofu, then add to remaining milk.
- Combine the tofu milk mixture with rest of log ingredients and mix into a batter and spread onto the lined tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the yule log is baking prepare buttercream by melting Koko Spread and mixing with the rest of the ingredients, then set aside.
- When the yule log is baked, carefully cut around edges on the tray, then roll up with parchment and leave to cool.
- Whilst the yule log cools, melt dark chocolate, sugar and spread with a bain marie, when melted combine with yoghurt.
- Spread buttercream on the yule log and roll up tight and set in fridge for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, spread chocolate coating over the yule log and garnish with decorations, place back in the fridge for 10 mins. Then dust with icing sugar.