- 200g Beetroot (chopped)
- 170g cooked lentils/1 can of lentils
- 60ml soy sauce (can use gluten free soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons Koko Unsweetened Milk
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 200g vital wheat gluten
Topping & Extras
- Add all of the ingredients except for the vital wheat gluten to a food processor. Keep mixing until everything is blended together.
- Add the vital wheat gluten and mix again, until combined into a crumbly dough.
- Divide into 6 burger patties.
- Boil water in a saucepan, with a steamer basket on top. Once boiling, add the burger patties to the steamer basket, cover and steam for 15 minutes.
- Alternatively you can boil the burgers in a saucepan for 5 minutes.
- Be aware they will expand a little.
- Leave to cool.
- These can then be frozen for a later date. Or alternatively cooked now.
- In a frying pan, add a little oil and fry the burgers, a couple at a time, roughly 5 minutes on each side or until crispy. Alternatively these can also be grilled or BBQed.
- Place patties on the buns, with sliced Koko Deliciously Mellow and other desired toppings.