Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 red chilli
- 1 large bunch of coriander
- 1 heaped tsp lemongrass paste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 800g cauliflower florets
- 1 red pepper
- 500ml Koko Unsweetened Milk
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 240g drained chickpeas
- 170g Koko Plain Yogurt Alternative
- 60g spinach leaves
Share this recipe
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan.
- Slice onion and fry in pan for 3 – 4 minutes, until the onion starts to soften. Grate ginger and chop chill. Add ginger, chilli and garlic to onions and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Chop the stalks off the coriander, finely chop the stalks and add to the pan. Roughly chop the leaves and put to one side.
- Add the lemongrass paste, curry powder, turmeric and cumin to the pan and cook for a future 1 minute. Add the maple syrup and turn down to a gentle heat.
- Add the cauliflower florets and pepper to the pan and coat in the spice paste. Pour in Koko Unsweetened and vegetable stock. Turn up heat to bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes, add the chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Take the curry off the heat and stir through the yogurt, remaining coriander and spinach leaves.