Mixed Pepper Flan (serves 4 - 6)
- 25g dairy free margarine
- 200g shortcrust pastry dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 clove of garlic – crushed
- 1 large red pepper – sliced
- 1 large green pepper – sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper – sliced
- Large pinch of salt
- Large pinch of ground black pepper
- 4 free range eggs – beaten
- 50g dairy free cheese alternative
- 200ml KOKO Dairy Free Milk
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease a 9 inch flan dish with the margarine.
- Roll out the pastry dough and line the dish.
- Heat the oil and add the onions, garlic and peppers in a frying pan.
- Cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the seasoning and put in the pastry case.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and the KOKO Dairy Free Milk and pour over the peppers.
- Sprinkle the dairy free cheese alternative over the top of the flan.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.