Corn Chowder (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons dairy free margarine
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 green pepper – chopped
- 150g mushrooms – sliced
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 1 large potato – peeled, finely diced and boiled for 10 minutes
- 400g sweetcorn – tinned or frozen
- 300ml water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Large pinch of salt
- Large pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- ½ litre KOKO Dairy Free Milk
- Cook, onion, peppers and mushrooms for 5 minutes in the margarine at a low heat until they are soft but not brown.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the flour to make a paste.
- Slowly add the water to make a smooth thick liquid
- Add the crumbled stock cube, potato, sweetcorn and KOKO Dairy Free Milk.
- Cook over a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the parsley and seasoning just before serving.