Carrot and Orange Soup (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon of ldairy free margarine
- 1 clove of garlic - crushed
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- ½ kilo carrots – peeled and grated
- 600ml water
- The zest of 1 orange
- The juice of one orange
- 1 teaspoon of tomato puree
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (mixed with 2 teaspoons of water)
- Large pinch of salt
- Large pinch of ground black pepper
- ½ litre KOKO Dairy Free Milk
- Melt the margarine over a low heat and add the garlic, onion and carrot.
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Add water, juice, zest, tomato puree and crumbled stock cube.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cornflour and water mix.
- Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Liquidise the soup.
- Add the KOKO Dairy Free Milk.
- Adjust seasoning if required.
- Can be served hot or cold.